- National Survey of State Laws
A quick, state-by-state comparison of current state laws -- how they differ and how they're similar -- for a range of relevant subjects from abortion to employment discrimination, child custody to interest rates.
- Environmental Encyclopedia
Provides in-depth, worldwide coverage of environmental issues.
- Drugs, Alcohol, and Tobacco: Learning about Addictive Behavior
This 3-volume set is written for readers at grade 7 and higher and covers addictions, causes, and treatments of particular importance to adolescents.
- World War I Reference Library
Covers major topics related to the period, including the roots of the war; causes of U.
- History in Dispute: Vol 1
Addresses heavily debated questions by offering different critical perspectives on major historical events, drawn from all time periods and from all parts of the globe.
- The American Economy
Describes the vast size and scope of the American economy, explains how it functions, and examines some of the challenges it faces, such as inflation, government regulation, off-shoring, and corporate scandals.
- Gale Encyclopedia of U.S. Economic History
Designed to answer such key questions as: How has the U.
- Encyclopedia of the American Constitution
Contains new and updated original articles covering recent concepts (i.
- Environmental Issues: Essential Primary Sources
A focus on leading social issues of the 19th, 20th, and 21st centuries.
- Child Abuse and Domestic Violence
Provides information on the prevalence, causes, and devastating consequences of this type of violence.